Saturday, December 15, 2012

The second (and last!) day of the holiday studio sale is tomorrow, and we swept and tidied today before I went home. The shippers arrive sometime Wednesday to pick up our three pallets for the Atlanta Gift Show; pallets, that is, of prototypes we are still in the process of making. I am so ready for some time off.

Melinda got a call today from a gallery in Berkeley to whom we mailed a shipment of 18 pieces just this past Monday, and they'd already sold out and did we have anything — anything to send her ASAP?!!

No, actually. We don't.

There's a rumor that Christmas is afoot, but I don't seem to be able to confirm it.

And I can't post today without mentioning the horror I feel at the current news. It is incomprehensible. I've written and deleted sentence after sentence here, so I'll just say that there are no words powerful enough to contain what must be endured by so many families.

Blessings.
Blessings.
Blessings.

4 comments:

  1. re last para: I think that's how we all feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, Cro, for connecting across all these miles. It is connections such as this that sustain me in this ravaged world. --T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing some reading on the event, the op-eds, the advocates for mental health and gun control. The problem seems too big...I am hoping someone with more organizing power than I can harness our sadness and despair into some meaningful change on a national level. See this:
    http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/thinking-unthinkable.html

    ReplyDelete