Sunday, September 6, 2009
Foxessa over at Fox Home has bestowed upon me,
with way too many kind words, the Honest Scrap Award.
Premium T.'s blog is filled with the beauty with which she
walks through her beautiful world...However, she's never
sticky sweet, cloying or in lalala land. She sees what is
there...It is my conviction that if there were more
T's in the world, there would be less need
for other kinds of scrappers.
Well then. Can you see me blushing?!
Honest Weblog Award Rules:
1. You must brag about the award.
2. You must include the name of the blogger who
bestowed the award on you and link back to
3. You must choose a minimum of seven blogs
that you find brilliant in content or design.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment
informing them that they were prized with the
Honest Scrap Award.
5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.
Then pass it on with the instructions!
Heartfelt thanks, Foxessa!
Ten Things (not Ten Thongs, which is how it came
out when I first typed it):
1. My most prized possession is a jeweler's loupe.
2. When I roll out pie dough, I close my eyes. Holy, holy.
3. I have five sisters.
4. When I was eleven, I tried to talk my mom into
turning our house into a restaurant. I had a business plan.
5. One of the conditions of my marriage to P. was that he
laugh at my puns. Amazingly, he agreed.
6. I published my first poem at age 18.
7. I believe that cake is the world's most perfect food.
8. Could not have imagined the intense joy/sorrow
that comes with being a mother.
9. I was the star of my high-school track team.
10. I still want a pony.
And now, I would like to pass this award on
to only one other blogger:
Red Apple Elegy: Robin, urban-planner/architect/
visionary, writes with conviction and passion
about the need for sustainable communities.
A resident of suburbia, she acknowledges both
the beauty and bane of our 21st century landscape,
and approaches it all with an optimism
to be admired and emulated.