Saturday, July 28, 2012

I've just spent three days in Facelift Land, and while I don't begrudge anyone a nip here or a tuck there, I saw some women today who had gone severely overboard in their, uh, remodeling. The worst was a woman with the body of a seventy-something-(or older)-year-old and the face of a fifteen-year-old. It was startling and disturbing; I stared. I couldn't help it. The face was very "cute", perky, whimsical almost, with a disturbing inquisitive expression.

But then, maybe I'm mistaken here. Maybe she didn't succumb to repeated facelifts. Maybe she just had a face transplant. There's no end to what the almighty dollar can buy.

Anyway, I'm smiled-out and really glad I don't work in retail. I did that in a prior life and it about killed me.

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who recently spent £20,000 on her face, and she looks exactly how she did before. I always think of poor Wildenstein (?), and Michael Jackson.... did either of them ever think they looked better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all was successful. The end of the show is such a relief, especially leaving the gamines behind.

    ReplyDelete