Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yummy Blended Fish Juice Product!

At Safeway today I was looking at the list of ingredients
in some Tropicana orange juice in the carton to see if it
was from concentrate, and this is what it said:
Ingredients: orange juice. Contains tilapia, sardines, anchovies.
Yikes! Fish in my OJ! No way! I am not kidding.
I'm thinking, what, is it pureed? Chunky? Is this
what they mean when the label says contains pulp?
Upon further investigation, I discovered that it contained fish oil.
I DON'T WANT FISH OIL IN MY ORANGE JUICE!
Couldn't the Tropicana people get a bit more
specific on their label??!! Perhaps, tilapia oil, sardine oil, etc.
But, now that I think of it, that isn't much more appealing.
No thanks, no Tropicana for me.

3 comments:

  1. And why do we even have fish oil products in organge juice, anyway? What ever happened to only the juice of oranges? Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the fish oil is in there to satisfy our desire for Omega-3 fatty acids? Kind of weird how the current push for healthy foods really adds up to more processing. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em: Upon further investigation, I did indeed discover an Omega-3 icon on the front of the carton.....but I'm beginning to get rather fond of the idea of fish parts floating in my juice (just kidding)!

    ReplyDelete