Monday, June 6, 2011

My New Distraction


Name: Lucy
Age: 5 1/2 weeks
Weight: 19.8 ounces
Length, nose to tail-tip: very short
Demeanor: curious, squeaky, shaky, goofy
Fur Color: grey, black and white with stripes and spots
Eye Color: blue!

Because she is so young, and should still be on a combination of mother's milk and cat food, I brewed her up some kitten formula: canned milk, gelatin, water, mayonnaise (in lieu of egg yolks) and whole-milk plain yogurt. Mix a tablespoon-or-so into some kitty kibble, et voilà! Mother's milk, in a manner of speaking.

When I woke up this morning, I couldn't find her anywhere on the bed, and didn't move for fear of crushing her. Discovered that she had crawled under the blankets in the night, and was cozily snuggled up beside me. Yikes. (And she's waaaaaaay less demanding than a husband ;)

9 comments:

  1. My head just exploded, looking at her cuteness. Lucy is perfect for her.What a great little catling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A home is not a home, and a garden not a garden, without a cat somewhere. I wish you and Lucy a long life together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deeelicious. You should check out Belinda's Tuesday Poem this week, T. Very cattish. M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just gorgeous - as my brother said "a home is not a home without a cat" we have two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. Now you are mommy to a kitten. Good luck with the potty training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Lucy. Just what the doctor (would have) ordered. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    Lucy - Lucía -- Light!

    Love, C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy looks kind of sleepy in the first photo. She is adorable. sp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, T. A young animal is perfect for despair--I know, I've had a cat wrapped around my neck since I was two years old--she will lighten your sorrow, make you laugh (which you most sorely need) and restore your sense that the world still makes sense, even if just sometimes in her beautiful blue eyes. Lucky kitty. xo

    ReplyDelete