Friday, December 9, 2011

Surrounded by hydrangeas still, in various stages of losing their blue. Two stems have taken root in their glass vase, sprouting bright leaves as if spring were upon us. One small sprig I've let dry completely on a shelf in my bathroom.

Ice fog this morning.

The kitten is back from the vet, snipped clean of all her internal girl parts. Sad incision up her belly. Subdued. All her minx seems to have eked from her. Nothing but sleep, a limp purr.

I intend to succumb to a Christmas tree this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I really must plant a Hydrangea.

    I'm sure your cat will be OK. Our Monty recently had his manhood(s) removed, and he was fine after a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kitty will live a long and healthier life now that she's been fixed!

    Give yourself over to the tree, T. Decorate with abandon! Make Christmas cookies for ornaments! Whheeeeee!

    send us a photo!

    I think it's going to be a good christmas, unburdened as we are. Let's give thanks for our families and friends who have sustained us this crazy year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds lovely -- except for the snipping.

    ReplyDelete