Monday, December 29, 2008

I tottered off to my First Anniversary dinner
in my impossibly-high-three-and-a-half-inch red
patent-vinyl pointy-toe heels and a red velvet coat and two
different earrings. My appetizer was a Beet Bombolino
which is a kind of savory donut filled with melty gorgonzola
atop roasted beets atop a lake of almond butter.
I'd been fantasizing about this menu item all day
and I just kind of melted into it. Slid into it,
jaws agape. Holy shit it was amazing.
And now all I want to do is sleep, for days unending.
Christmas: done. Snow: done. Family party: done.

On another note, I bench-pressed 95 pounds today.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Peter! We missed you at the writing group tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you ate a savory doughnut filled with gorgonzola and still made it to the gym the next day! Amazing!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    I'm breathing a sigh of relief, myself.....I didn't have to spend the next 6 months figuring out someone. He showed me right away and poof, it was "over". I like it fast like that........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joannie,

    Polly: Paul and I were full of talk trying to figure out what happened.... Yep, fast is good!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete