Monday, October 26, 2009

New Paint, and Torrents


Not a big fan of painting walls; in fact, in the Brandon
Street house there's a wall in the living room which was
primed seven years ago and it's still not painted. There
was some mix-up in communication with the painters,
and this wall was left primed but without a color coat.
In fact, I've been known to loathe the act of painting --
walls that is. But I've learned in my job the joys of painting
in the artistic sense, so I approached Saturday's task
with new eyes, and found that it needn't be such an onerous
burden. (Really helped to have a cheerful husband who
participated willingly.)

And: ta-da!

(And...I actually used math skills learned in grade school
to position the artwork.)

---

It's raining like the end of the world, lights are flashing,
and there was just a big boom, and I'm guessing something
electrical blew out close by. It's not quite time to get out
the lifeboats, but I'm keeping a close eye on the accumulation
of water. (Wink, wink.)

5 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful!! What would you call that colour, antique gold? And did you paint the bird picture?

    I'd love to wake up to that each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. My living room walls are golden yellow too- it seems to bring the sun inside even on days like today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T, it looks beautiful. I love that yellow with the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaine, alas, no! It's by a Portland Oregon painter named Kathrine Ace.

    blackbird and Carol -- Why, thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful wall you now have!

    Love, C.

    ReplyDelete