Sunday, February 7, 2010

I've had nothing to say. (Many who know me find this astonishing, yet it's true.) Every now and again I retreat into a pre-language cave and hunker there in the firelight for a few weeks. Blogging holds little appeal, as it requires the use of language. TV, though, is a good winter-in-a-cave entertaiment, and P. and I have been marathon-ing Battlestar Galactica. Not the 1980's Lorne-Greene-in-a-shiny-green-jumpsuit version, but the more recent of-this-century incarnation. Dark & evil sci-fi with half-human/half-cylon infants and Edward James Olmos at his graveliest.

My phone went all photoshop on me:
1. funky geometric graphics,
2. and then it died.

***

On the tag of an undergarment at a department store:
"prevents muffin top".

At last, a cure for The Heartbreak of Muffin Top!

5 comments:

  1. My phone went all photoshop on me:
    1. funky geometric graphics,
    2. and then it died.


    Is that what hose pictures were on yesterday's post?

    And do I really want to know what "muffin top" is?

    BTW, I started watching the one and only season of Firefly again. Fox was really stupid for canceling that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, "those pictures", not "hose pictures". I guess I don't always hit the key I'm aiming for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy, no, the cell phone pics were much less interesting, IMHO.

    What is Firefly? Sound like perhaps it's worth checking out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check Firefly out here. It was a Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) project, sort of a cross between a Western and a Sci-Fi series. A year or two after the series was canceled they did a movie called Serenity which was just as good. Unfortunately for the series, it required a certain amount of intelligence and cultural grounding to enjoy, qualities that don't exactly fit with the suits at Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got to stop this hunkering foolishness. Get your butt on that plane and have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete