Friday, February 12, 2010

Mmmm, mmmm, not!



Bill from Just A Moment of Miscellany recently commented, "Remember, SPAM is more or less the State Dish [of Hawaii]!" Thanks, Bill for that tantalizing tidbit. I ran into this can of macadamia nuts at Hula Hatties, and couldn't quite bring myself to buy them. The ingredients didn't list any meat-like products, though, as far as I could tell, unless I was missing something. Heavy on the chemicals, though. I don't know why anyone would think to coat macadamia nuts (or anything else, for that matter) with spam-flavoring. Scratching my head on this one.

2 comments:

  1. If Spam (In 2005, Hawaiians consumed more than five million cans of Spam) is out of the question then take a drive in the country and look for roadside places selling lau lau or musubi.

    ReplyDelete