Sunday, February 28, 2010

Without

My camera has tanked. Gone the way of the one which leapt to its death snapping and clicking in a parking lot in Westport Ireland. (See here.) This one was not so suicidal. Alas, it lingered, losing small parts of its ever-so-delicate self until the battery and film no longer nestled snugly together in their Fuji Finepix niche. P. and I have not had camera luck these past few years: three abandoned to their fate in Eire: in the aforementioned parking lot, another slipped from pocket to toilet, and one vanished in an Aran Islands woolen shop.

I'm adrift here without a camera.
At sea, blind and dumb.

5 comments:

  1. I had a suicidal camera who leapt to its death last year and broke its lensy little neck on my ceramic tile floor. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean all too well, alas.

    Many sympathies.

    Love, C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My camera is handcuffed to my wrist. It ain't goin' nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, so many suicidal cameras...

    i miss your pictures. hope you replace it soon.

    are you going to ireland again this summer? you'll need one for sure there.

    ReplyDelete