Thursday, October 16, 2008

So. Senator McInane wants to build 45 nuclear plants.
(Or is that nuke-you-ler?) To begin with, he has to find
45 communities that won't protest like hell over having
a reactor in their back yard. Second, each plant will
cost a minimum of 9 billion dollars, which, when multiplied
by 45, comes to a tidy 405 billion dollars. And no new taxes!
What a great plan. And that doesn't even begin to account
for waste storage. And what was with all those smarmy smiles?
I'm betting that his advisors told him that he had to smile
more. They (the smiles) came across as very rodent-like.
Hamsterish. Guinea-piggish. (Thanks to Genevieve for this
last reference.) I don't know about you, but whenever I'm
confronted with a leering rodent, I have an uncontrollable
urge to upchuck. November 4th can't come too soon.

5 comments:

  1. “We're gonna take it week by week. If she wins, I'm done,” Fey tells TV Guide in the Oct. 20 issue. “I can't do that for four years. And by ‘I'm done,’ I mean I'm leaving Earth.”

    she's probably serious and far more desperate than barfing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily came home from school one day either in Kindergarden or first grade so happy after learning about this "new clear energy"(nuclear). "Mom, they have this new clear energy" This was in the mid 80"s. Little did she know but heard those great words. NEW CLEAR ENERGY. Sat down with her and explained about the Cold War.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought MCain looked like he had had botox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barack is such a stellar communicator. It's slightly (and I say slightly because I'm terrified Barack won't win this election) entertaining to watch McInsane trying to engage him in the way HE wants to communicate. It's like he keeps slamming his head against a brick wall and Barack just sort of sails seeming completely unfazed, always coming out on top, always in control of the topic. So McInsane comes away sounding whiny and frustrated and Barack comes away sounding confident and presidential.

    I still say McInsane sees Barack as the enemy and he can't stand that he's not winning this war. Part of his PTSD. Notice how he can't stand to even look his "enemy" in the eye...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't wait until november 4 - I voted today - our board of elections was incredibly busy with early voters...I'm hopeful that this is a sign of an obama landslide - of course I'd be happy with an obama squeeker - just as long as o&b win and the forces of darkness don't get away with stealing ANOTHER election.

    I've called him mcsame or mcnasty, but mcinane and mcinsane are also so suitable - 45 nuke plants and what they just are built on fairy dust? and the waste is also whisked away by fairies too?

    ReplyDelete