Sunday, February 8, 2009

Instruction On How To Get People To Bow Down At Your Feet

Bake for them. And use LOTs of butter and sugar.
Bake them this:

Any Fruit Crisp

4 cups berries or other fresh fruit
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup melted butter

Put fruit in a buttered 8-inch square baking dish.
Mix together the flour, sugar, bp. Add egg and mix
with your fingers until you have small clumps.
Sprinkle flour mixture over the fruit, drizzle melted
butter over the top, spreading the butter with the
back of a spoon. 

Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes.

From The Fannie Farmer Cookbook.

I tripled this recipe last night, used a mix of blue,
black and raspberries, served it with cream-in-a-can.
It's one of those get-down-on-your-knees-and-weep
experiences. Really. And unless you eat like this
all the time, don't worry about the massive quantities
of butter and sugar. Life is SHORT. As is pleasure.
Do it.

9 comments:

  1. i just put it in the oven. i used blueberries. i only had half the sugar so we see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Pam! Let me know the results. I hope you are sharing this with someone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apple crisp of my childhood had no egg and the butter was cut ino the flour and sugar. I'll have to try this one (and I love anything with berries!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok T. I used frozen blueberries (that's what I had on hand) and half of the sugar and it is KICK ASS.
    Just got back from safewy with another bag of sugar, flour,butter and vanilla hagen daas. hope you had some left over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious. I'll try out this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. people would lick your feet if you topped it with that homemade vanilla bean armagnac ice cream. and then some. i swear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cz, I do believe you are right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made it for the fourth time with razberries and blueberries topped with vanilla ice cream doubled the crust...... yum yum yum
    might be our dinner until it is gone.
    thanks again for such an easy delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete