Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Liquor Cabinet

Stolichnya Russian Vodka
Jose Cuervo Black Medallion Tequila (where
did this come from?)
Creme de Cassis
Shirakiku Mirin (which pre-dates my residency)
Jameson Irish Whiskey
Midori Melon Liqueur (what the?)
white Vermouth
Godiva chocolate liqueur

This is what I want: to go every day at about 5pm
to my club, where many of my friends are assembled,
and we have a cocktail. Is this too much to ask?
I'm not much of a drinker, but one cocktail at 5pm
is delicious. (I don't have a club. But if I did I would
name it Tease.)

5 comments:

  1. That's clearly where I went wrong way back early in my life.

    After work, instead of adjourning to club for a cocktail, I went to what then was called a health club to work out!

    When they started charging for health club memberships as if they were indeed social clubs and I could no longer afford it -- my nearest, most convenient club started me off at #300 a year; by the time I no longer re-upped it had gone to $4000 a year, for just the basic membership. They'd added a rooftop swimming pool (which was featured in a Sex and the City ep. and many other things that I didn't ask for or want. I want SPACE to WORK OUT.

    Love, C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a member of your club. Then I'd have to dash home to make dinner--but I think I could fit it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big drinker, but suddenly I'm very thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foxessa, I assure you that there will NEVER be a rooftop pool (or a pool of any type) at Tease!

    Joannie -- I'll let you know when it opens. :)

    Collin: ditto!

    (But I must admit, there's a strong likelihood that it will be a coffee shop in Westport, Ireland. For stronger libations, you can always visit one of the 37 pubs in town.)

    ReplyDelete