Sunday, July 27, 2008

Eat at this Restaurant!


Ama Ama Oyster Bar & Grill in West Seattle, where
on Saturday and Sunday nights, Reilly is King of the Shuckers:

I was delighted to learn that one of the owners used to be
my customer at Two Tartes! The ambiance is kind of
retro-Miami, with fifties beach-blanket-bingo movies
playing in the bar, and a giant marlin mounted on the wall.
Excellent food (even if you don't like oysters), and possibly
the best martini I've ever consumed. We had drinks sitting
at the oyster bar, and Paul and Nelson shared a dozen
while I was sitting between them, which meant the platter
was in front of me, and no one wanted to shift seats. Huh.
Reilly whipped up a sushi roll for us (my son knows how to
do this?!!), then we moved to a very comfortable circular booth
where I feasted on the marinated steak salad: heavenly. Nelson
had scallops, Paul the halibut ceviche and a fried tomatillo salad.
Oh Yum! They've been open for less than a year, and deserve to
be around for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi T:
    Looks great! Dean and I will have to check it out. Do you know if they serve baked oysters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, yes, I recognize Reilly's look as one I've seen on my sister's face a few times when my mom whips out the camera to take a picture of her on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter: Yes! Oysters Rockefeller.

    ReplyDelete