Thursday, February 12, 2015

In The Elf Factory

The seven-foot-tall man came in from his job (catering at a large corporate hotel), and after a few minutes of our usual banter (we were all sitting at the big table, deep into painting), he said that coming from the corporate environment into our groovy painting scene was like walking into a Keebler elf factory.
Elves aside, we're starting production on the new lines, and it's thrilling. I've been working here for eight years, and, honestly, I think this is Melinda Wellsandt's best work to date. Doing a photo-shoot tomorrow of the new pieces, so I'll post some pics here when they're ready.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's amazing that you get to do this work you love and are so gifted at, and in a "groovy" atmosphere. It makes me happy to think of you there, in that world of glass and color, creating, creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how very exciting! She's lucky to have such an enthusiastic partner in her creative endeavors. Can't wait to see the new line. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing the new line. Thanks in advance for posting some images of it.

    Love, C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, I am indeed lucky to have her!

    ReplyDelete