Saturday, August 16, 2008

We saw Vicky Christina Barcelona last night, the new 
Woody Allen Lite movie.  He has most definitely 
lost his wit, his comedic edge. Paul found it dull, 
but I was, at least, entertained in a not-too-deep 
kind of way. Javier Bardem was dreamy to watch, 
even if his character was a tiresome stereotype of an artist.
And I'm really tired of those puffy lips on all the
female actors these days! 

****

My potted (not pot) plants are really loving this heat,
although I fear these fully furred felines feel fussy.
As do I.

***

One of Paul's Ireland pics made skull-a-day.
(Scroll down to the puddles.)
Story: we were cruising the bumpy back roads
of County Mayo one rainy July day when suddenly
Paul screeched to a halt. What the? 
"A skull! A skull!" He shouted. With Gaelic glee.
I was looking everywhere but the road,
but there it was, glaring up at us from the slick tarmac.
Boo!

2 comments:

  1. I'm am tired of every movie starring Scarlet Johansson, Keira Knightley and / or Penelope Cruz.

    Gads, they've even stuck Knightley into The Dutchess, the film made of the biography of Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman.

    Love, C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here. God I'm sick of Keira Knightly's little pout.

    ReplyDelete