Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ovo-Lacto-Omni-Veggie

Here's a great dinner item when your inner vegan
rears its head:

a few potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 can drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
a few tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper
chili powder
cumin

Toss the potatoes and garbanzos with the oil,
sprinkle with spices. Bake at 450 for 30-45 minutes,
or until they begin to crisp up nicely. I like to stir them
up a few times while they're baking. I use a glass pan.
And I rarely measure, unless I'm following a recipe,
so you're on your own with the spices.

I served this with a wilted spinach salad.
If you add hard-boiled egg, then I guess that would
make it a vegetarian dinner. To be honest, I added
egg and bacon to the salad. Guess I'm an omnivore
at heart.

(Thanks to Emily at Tofu Hunter for the entree idea.)

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. or you could add canned diced tomatoes.... but then it wouldn't crisp up, i suppose.

    canned tomatoes, potatoes, garbanzo beans and shredded chicken are a staple in this house. (as a fast soup.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Left out the onion:
    one onion, cut into eighths

    ReplyDelete
  4. how about: diced fresh tomatoes on the side? maybe with a light vinaigrette? Crispy/fresh/tangy/hot/cool...

    ReplyDelete