Tuesday, February 19, 2013

From the "Are You Kidding Me? Department

On the Comcast homepage, line #8 of Ten Things You Should Buy in Bulk:

college degrees

WTF?
Most people in this country can't even afford one. The absurdity of this notion so floored me that I didn't read further, even though there may have been a perfectly reasonable explanation.

May have been.

But I doubt it.

Next time I'm at my local food co-op, I'm going to check out the per pound price of college degrees, and if it's feasible, I'll bag up a slew of 'em.

You never know when an extra college degree will come in handy.


5 comments:

  1. Are you sure it didn't say 'Collared Dungarees'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody posted something on Facebook about some corporations not hiring or even considering hiring unless you have a college degree. I'm so tired of all of this "information."

    Cro Magnon has saved the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps they just mean the certificates T!

    ReplyDelete
  4. college degrees are highly over-rated. the student debt-load is tremendous, and so many people can't get jobs even with advanced degrees. Look at the proliferation of private psuedo colleges that exist, for all I can, for the sole purpose of gaining federal student loan money.

    ReplyDelete