Saturday, June 21, 2008


I just took this photo and it's 9:44pm. It's night-time and
it's daylight AND it's completely socked-in AND it's the
first full day of summer. Whooda thunk? The rain isn't
very visible in the photograph, but it's been pretty unrelenting today.
And I'm sure you've all seen rain before. Duh.
A quiet day today, running errands in town, Irish coffee
at Matt Molloys. I've spent all evening working on postcards.
Patience! It's time-consuming and often vexing but at the same
time incredibly enjoyable. And I really don't wish to part with any
but since I've promised (and you know who you are!) I guess
I have to.

Supped on a homely little soup -- tomatoes, chicken broth,
onions, garlic, carrots, zucchini, potatoes, cannelini beans,
pasta, a shaving of grana, a sprinkle of herbs. I love that
this soup doesn't pretend to be anything other than what
it is. No point in dressing it up. I could do with some crusty
white bread, however. Should've baked. Tomorrow --
to go with the Guinness beef stew.

1 comment:

  1. but T, you know that what you send to me you get to see, if not HAVE again;;; (semi colons for emphasis) so make and send with CONFIDENCE.
    and ... N is here. Today. Wow.
    and ... six new re-orders.
    I'm workin'!
    xoxomm

    ReplyDelete