Wednesday, June 18, 2008



Jelly fish from my beach walk last night. I've taken many of these
walks and these are the first jellies I've seen. What a surprise --
and a treat! I was accompanied by Jack, the neighbor's border collie,
who kept trying to herd me. I would not cooperate. He also tried
to get four horses in a pasture to come to the fence-edge (where I
patiently waited), but, smart dog that he is, didn't try too hard.
Horses are not sheep. Horses kick.They pretty much just ignored
him. And honestly, why would a horse come to eat my offered handful
of fresh grass when this countryside is overabundant
with fresh everything?!

Leaving for a walk at 9:45 in the evening, with the sun
still blazing in the west, is a particular pleasure.
So easy to let go here, to let time lag.

1 comment: